Heart to Heart International shows you how you can help when disaster strikes or when someone just needs a hand to get up. If you have a heart for children this is a place you can turn to help you help someone else.
This Looks Like Our Floor August 1, 2008
Our kitchen floor is a dark laminate like this. We are trying to figure out what to do for the countertop color. We were thinking dark perhaps like this.
I found this photo while browsing through white kitchens. I am wanting to move my small appliances to the pantry and this photo made me wonder if we took off the door and put them in there how would it look. I have always hated our pantry. It is too deep, too dark and doesn’t have pull out shelves to make it more convenient. This is a thought.
Every now and then my mind gets flooded with ideas of things to do in and around the house. I often times forget them so I am going to post some that have hit me lately so I won’t forget them.
- Gather all of my various plates etc. together. Donate the ones I no longer want. Add pieces to the ones I currently have that are missing pieces. Rotate one set every few months rather than having several mismatched sets all muddled together.
- Whittle down our glasses and mugs to accomplish the same thing as above.
- Prepare a mixture of bleach water to use in the kitchen and bathroom. Keep it in a clearly marked container. Use on all the white surfaces, appliances, woodwork as well as the countertops.
- Buy three now cutting boards – one for fruit, one for meat and one for vegetables.
- Get the Kitchen Aid, the rice maker, the blender, the new toaster, the handmixes, the coffeemaker, the crockpot, the George Foreman and the food processor all together in one spot – the pantry.
- Move the boxed and jarred food products to the area cleared out by moving all the different dishes and cups.
- See if Greg will move the kitchen radio system to the computer area.
- Put the white cookware and the cornflower blue corning cookware where the crockpot and the George Foreman are now.
- Find the rice maker instructions.
- Use the narrow cabinet for the cutting boards and the bleach water mixture. Store paper towels in there also.
- In the family room, recover the seats of the white chairs.
- Clean the white chairs with bleach water.
- Repaint them if needed
- Sand the white table and repaint it.
- Figure out a color to paint the large table and the bookshelf on it in my studio and then paint it
- See if Greg will remove the moulding on top of the above bookshelf so it is flat like the other bookshelves. I have no color ideas because the other shelves are a laminate yellowy (is that a word?) oak wood with a hint of red.
- Move the small chest against the side wall.
- Find a bookshelf to sit on top of the small chest for more books.
- Stop buying books – listen to them on tape while on the treadmill. That way I read (which I love) and walk (which I need to do).
- Buy larger curtain rods to hand in master bedroom. Add a strip of fabric to the bottom of the current curtains (which are sheets) perhaps in the tan color.
- Paint the bedroom walls the same color as the family room.
- Change out the glass globes in the master bathroom to the white ones from Lowes.