I love purple and yellow together. So pretty.
It’s Blue Monday! I stumbled upon Smiling Sally who hosts a weekly event called Blue Monday. I love Blue so I decided this is for me.
I love them in the mountains, in the winter, in the summer, whether they are royal blue, or sky blue. I just love blue. How about you?
1. Tonight we got an unexpected night to ourselves as our 10 year old was invited to spend the night with a friend. DH and got to talk about a lot of things coming up, about our days and just generally connect without interruption.
2. The smell of hyacinths, need I say more.
3. I’ve decided my prayer chair will be the exercise ball since that will be a good place to store it, it is close to the computer and I need to work on my core body strength.
4. I was offered the replacement position to teach school of religion for the remainder of the year. My son told me, that he thought I would be good at it. That made me feel so wonderful.
5. I was able to start reading my book again, The Zookeepers Wife. I had been having trouble settling down to read of late and since I love to read that was distressing.
To see how everyone else’s weeks went head over here.
I started reading Conversion Diary again recently and found she has a blog party called 7 Quick Takes. I thought I’d give it a try.
1. On my heart this week has been our country and my church. I am so grateful for the strong, faithful priests and bishops who are speaking truth to power about how our politicians are harming our country. I’m especially proud of our Archbishop, Joseph Naumann and his publicly standing up to our current governor, Kathleen Sebelius and your soon to be Health and Human Services Cabinet Secretary. Don’t even get me started on Notre Dame and President Obama.
2. The weather has been, how can I say it. . .odd. 70’s at the beginning of the week and 6 to 12 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow. Things are blooming people! I’m thinking I better go clip my forsythia and cover the roses.
3. My dear friend, Beth is moving home again in two months. I’m so excited. It has been two years. The years have actually gone by fairly fast, assisted in part by her three visits home but still. I am so happy.
4. My doctor upped my ADD medication as I requested so we will see how I do. I hope that some of that clarity comes back.
5. My husband brought home five more fish last night. We determined that of the six platys we had only one of them was female so she needed some help. He also replaced the two little black angels that died when the Opaline gouromi ATE them. She is in time out in a little tank all by herself. I’m still mad at her.
6. Looking forward to Red Envelope day.
7. Oh! and Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU! I know probably not but one can hope; and a shout out to the Missouri Tigers, gotta support The Big 12.
This just isn’t my kitchen but I do use forsythia to decorate with!