1. I am 51 years old and my youngest son is 11. We both went to our first political rally on Saturday. It was held at Theis Park in KCMO. We couldn’t get there until it was almost over, but we had a great time and met some good people. I’m excited at the candidate running against Dennis Moore. Her name is Patricia Lightner. I’ve also been contacted by the Kansas City Tea Party reference a conference call for tomorrow night.
2. My husband and I pushed back at our school and school district reference the curriculum the Department of Education wanted the school to use surrounding the president’s speech. We were polite and respectful but I am sure the school feels like we are so close to the right edge we will fall off. Oh well.
The school district ended up saying show the video (fine) don’t do the curriculum (fantastic). I showed up at school to watch the video with my son and it was so soooo “chilly” in the normally “warm” school. Oh well.
3. I had a Premier Jewelry party a week or so ago and got my jewelry on Wednesday. So totally cool. If you haven’t had one before, go for it. The hostess plan is great and the jewlery is really pretty.
4. My sister’s MS episode continues to drag on. What a cruel disease; what a brave sister. I learned yesterday that she is going to start the process to get on disability. She so didn’t want to have to do this yet. Her goal was to make it 20 years at her job but it looks like 19 is it.
5. Chili’s Restaurant is having a month long promotion for St. Jude’s Childrens Hospital. On September 28th, the entire corporation is donating their profits to the hospital. At some restaurants, the wait staff is donating their tips that day. I’d encourage everyone to visit Chili’s this month, color a pepper and donate some money to St. Jude’s – they print you a receipt right there at the restaurant! If you can make it to the restaurant on the 28th, consider doing it.
6. I got an e-mail from a Catholic friend and leader of our rosary group reference a postcard campaign blogger Katy at freedombites has suggested. I think it is a great idea and am passing it on for you to do with as you like.
7. Today is September 11th, eight years later. God bless America, God bless the souls on board and God bless their families.
For more quick takes visit Jen at Conversion Diary